Brother is one of the renowned companies when it comes to printing and scanning machines. If you are looking for a company that does not go by the hype of market but provides the best quality printing and sharp scanning at pocket-friendly prices, then it has to be a machine from Brother.
They are a dark horse among all the similar companies because those who have already used printers and scanners from Brother have mentioned that they are totally satisfied with the company.
One of the best things about Brother is that it has online drivers and software applications which is called Brother Utilities that users can install whenever they are stuck during printing or scanning.
How to Install Brother Utilities Software
Suppose you are scanning a document and you find that the computer does not have the required drivers you can download the Brother Utilities software straight from their website instantly instead of having to search for the driver CD. Here’s how you can do it:
1. Open any internet browser and visit the website of Brother. You can head to the Support page directly where you will get all the solutions for the Brother utilities software application that you need.
2. The support page will have several links such as Frequently Asked Questions, Troubleshooting, User Manuals, and Downloads. If you think that the issue is regarding the troubleshooting of a software application or regarding the working of the scanner or printer, you can look into the troubleshooting link. Many people have also got their questions answered from the FAQ section. However, if you are looking for a specific Brother Utilities software, you will get it under the Downloads section.
3. Once you click on Downloads, you will be taken to a new page where you will be asked to specify the model name of the product that you are using. If you know the make and model of the product, type in the search bar to find it out.
Alternatively, you can surf through the list of products on the same page to find the one that you are facing a problem with.
So, if you are using Inkjet Fax/MFC/DCP machine, you either have to search it in the search bar. Or, if you are not sure about the make and model, you can locate it on the stamp or the sticker of the machine and find it in the list of machines that the Downloads page provides you with.
4. After you have found the machine that you are using in the Downloads page, click on that icon, and it will lead you to a new page where you have to specify the details of the computer or laptop that is connected with the actual device.
You will be asked about the Operating System that is installed on the computer and also the version of the Operating System.
It is easy to find out about the details of the operating system by right-clicking on My Computer on your desktop or laptop and checking the properties. The Brother website will list some operating system versions according to the Operating System family that you are using on your computer.
5. You will get a list of utility software after you have confirmed the operating system and the version. Check for the software that you want to download.
The size of the software application will be available beside every download link. Click on the software you need for your system, and there will be a ReadMe option before downloading the software.
Make sure you read the app instructions carefully because most of them have specific instructions on how to install the software and use it. You will also get to know about the compatibility of the software with your system before downloading.
6. The download will start after you are done reading the instructions. You will get a file with a .exe extension. This has to be installed after the download is complete.
If there are no special instructions regarding the installation, follow what comes up on your computer screen until the time the software is installed completely.
You can use the Brother utilities software along with the device for smooth operations and continue doing it whenever you connect the device to any new computer.
If you are having difficulties searching for Brother Utilities software or driver, you can download the app from here